Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ding 51!!!!

Did Blizz take my levels away? What the hell is this ding 51 stuff? Well I have started leveling my Horde Pally again. I think I just like to level. Also, I have always wanted to see things from the Horde side. So far, the quests are very different (unless its neutral like Steamwheedle Cartel or something). The art direction is very different too, as well as how the different races seem to interact with each other.

Alliance, for the most part, is very cohesive and there is a decent amount of trust among among the races. The humans might have a slight superiority complex. For the most part though, no race is overly concerned about the other. They all also seem to have the same goals. Mainly, stop Arthas and maybe squash the Horde.

Horde is a bit different. No cohesive goals. No cohesive plan other then the Alliance has to die. Arthas should probably be killed too because he insulted Thrall's mom. The Forsaken want *EVERYONE* dead, only to be raised again at a later time. The blood elves want their land and maybe some kind of gum to help with their mana addiction. The Orcs and Trolls seem to just want to be left alone, maybe the Tauren too. No one trusts the Forsaken, I would venture a guess that they don't even trust each other.

All this stuff manifests itself, to some extent, in the quests that are done. When you get done with Tarren Mill, you just leave thinking that those Undead a-holes are up to no good. You get done in Feralas and you think to yourself, I would not want to anger the Tauren, they WILL hunt you down. That is about as far as I have gotten on the Horde side, but I expect things like that to continue through Outland and especially Northrend.

So maybe I like leveling because I like the story, even if I have heard it a few times before. That, and I haven't done all of the quests, I haven't seen all the zones, and I haven't seen everything from both sides yet. And yes, I will probably be one of those people LFG for SWP/MH/BT/SSC just because I have never seen them either. Chances are that I won't see them, because no one is ever interested in running old stuff, but hey, a guys gotta try!

And yes, I am OCD for some Pally action. Don't get me wrong, I like other classes. In fact I have a bunch of alts that are different classes. But my best chances for long term success/sustained interest seem to lie with Paladins. And I thought I was done leveling for a while. But, I think that more applies to leveling in Northrend on the Alliance side. This is different, at least a little bit. I am also in no hurry to progress quickly on Dradis. I really don't want to get burned out and disinterested in WoW becuase I am pushing to hard to fast. I don't want to be progressed so far right now that I am waiting on the next content patch for something to do. Not my idea of a good time. C'est la vie.

No comments: