Friday, October 17, 2008

Odd thought of the Day

Ok, so I have been thinking about something. My DPS in full Ret Spec and full Ret gear used to be like 450-500dps. Now I am hanging around 1000-1150dps. In PvP, one of my main issues that I feel kinda squishy. I also feel a little squishy in PvE, as I demonstrated by dying twice last night in Heroic Sethekk Halls. I am wondering, would a shield fix the situation?

The problems that I can think of with this idea are that my S2 Sword is really really nice, and makes up for a big chunk of my dps between stats and the sword damage. However, I am curious about how much dps I would lose by going to a one hander of some kinda. Obviously, for a fair comparison, I would need to get a one hander the is probably intended for an Enhancement Shaman or a Rogue. I need it to be high dps, but it needs to have a slow swing speed. I also need strength more then anything else, which makes me thing I should look toward a mace intended for Enchancement Shaman. The next thing I would have to look at is a shield. I have both of the SSO shields in my bank, however I am not sure that either of them would be what I need. Defensive stats would be nice, but some strength and stamina would be nice to. Hmmm.....

Research will be required, but I also have a test to study for when I get home. Maybe I can take a few minutes and look around on WoWHead for some options before I study. The goal is less squishy, while keeping the same spec and the same Ret feel going. I feel its a worth goal. And if I go down to like 700dps, I think I could live with that. Any less then that, and this might be a little pointless. Of course it might all be pointless, but you never know until you try. I would love to be the cockroach of Alterac Valley. A cockroach with a machete. That would make my day.

Back to work!

UPDATE: Ok, so I looked into this. I don't think it will work well unless I can get the S2 Shaman mace and a higher end shield with Strength. Something like the Bulwark of Azzinoth, which I will never see. Even at that, I am not so sure it will work out. I am going to test this with some gear I already have, but I don't expect much.

No comments: